Monday 23 March 2009

Other Covers and Marta Munoz

Current Covers


After doing a bit of book hunting in Waterstones looking at current Illustrated Covers, not only did I find Roxanna Bikadoroff but many others, I have E-mailed a few of them whose covers really stood out, (ones I was personally drawn to and that I find particularly inspiring)





Marta Munoz.

Marta Munoz: a freelance Illustrator, artist and designer has Illustrated a book called
"Backwards in High Heels: The Impossible Art of Being Female" I thought this linked in well to the project I am undertaking as it is all about women, however it is not published by Virago but Fourth Estate Ltd so it is a short look at another competitor.





Absolutley loved this front Cover(shown below) Marta Munoz has been illustrating since 1999 after graduating from Camberwell college of art.




Click the book to visit Amazon where you can buy it and read a summary, Published by Fourth Estate Ltd on 19 Feb 2009, I thought the subject matter of this book would be competition for Virago as it is named "Backwards in High Heels: The Impossible Art of Being Female"


I think Marta Munoz is a really talented pattern maker, this illustration sold the book to me, to visit her website and view more illustrations click http://www.martamunoz.co.uk/ really gorgeous illustrations ranging from Murals to Greeting Cards. I was greatly inspired by her black and white illustrations, which I found useful for the internal spot.








These illustrations taken from her website are a comission to produce drawings for textile printing under the heading 'London Kills Me' in the Clients and Exhibitions section. She has worked for many clients such as 'Time Out London Magazine' and 'Thomas Nelson Publishing' there are many more so don't forget to check out her website and see!








Above some more of her black and white Illustrations, to see more visit http://www.martamunoz.co.uk/ under 'Blanco y Black'



































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment